I am an experienced data architect, having worked in database application development for over 25 years. I have worked with SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL and NoSQL products. My teams have been both large and small, in consultancies, independent software vendors and multi-nationals’ in-house departments. Additionally I have good understanding of the middle tier and UI development. I find the breadth of my experience to be a great benefit, affording me a system-wide understanding of application development.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
20 profile views
Last seen 7 hours ago
- Database Administrators 16.2k 16.2k 88 gold badges3535 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 701 701 44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 138 138 55 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 131 131 44 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 33 Why would SELECT * be magnitudes faster than SELECT foo?
- 17 Memory Optimized Tables - can they really be so difficult to maintain?
- 16 Implementation and contraindications for OPTIMIZE_FOR_SEQUENTIAL_KEY
- 16 Business logic in stored proc vs middle layer (c#)
- 14 Asked to Not Use Transactions and to Use A Workaround to Simulate One
- 13 What is the effect of having an opened transaction in MSSQL for too long?
- 13 Merge two SELECT queries with different WHERE clauses
- View more network posts →