Paul S. Randal
I was on the SQL team for almost 9 nine years - wrote a bunch of DBCC commands (e.g. INDEXDEFRAG, SHOWCONTIG, CHECKDB/repair), ran the Access Methods development team for SQL Server 2005, and ended up being responsible for the entire Core Storage Engine for SQL 2008. Occasionally I have to resort to "I'm sorry, you are incorrect, the code does not do that", which I hate, as in https://imgur.com/gallery/8t74s.
I'm an expert on Storage Engine internals, wait statistics, HA, maintenance, and disaster recovery. I teach this stuff internally for Microsoft and at conferences/clients around the world.
The answer usually starts with 'it depends'! :-)
Member for 9 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 25 '19 at 0:14
Top network posts
- 71 Is it safe to have SQL Server auto-shrink turned on?
- 44 Is it safe to have SQL Server auto-shrink turned on?
- 43 SQL Server (2005/2008): Does full backup truncate the log in full recovery mode
- 42 Methods for finding new Trace Flags in SQL Server
- 35 How do I reduce transaction log backup size after a full backup?
- 25 Find out which database in SQL Server 2005 uses how much RAM
- 22 How can I tell when it is time to defrag my SQLServer database?
- View more network posts →