Data all-rounder: on any given day I'm likely involved in data architecture, data modelling, database development, data warehousing, business intelligence, ETL, data & systems integration, and database administration. Architecture and modelling are my biggest passions, but I'm very much at home in the guts of an ETL system, and I spent several years as a software engineer before moving into BI. My current role is my first where I'm fulfilling a production DBA role, and I'm really enjoying it. Overall, I'm a jack of many trades, and a master of some of them.
At the moment I spend the majority of my time in SQL Server, the MS BI stack, and Sparx Enterprise Architect, but lots of smaller amounts of time elsewhere. Technologies I'm currently learning about include Couch, Neo4j, and Go.
Member for 5 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 13 '18 at 8:25
Top network posts
- 22 How to deal with time series which change in seasonality or other patterns?
- 10 SSIS Expressions setting two variables
- 6 How to design a shrunken dimension table for dates in dimensional warehouse and use in SSAS?
- 6 Aggregate Transformation vs Sort (remove Duplicate) in SSIS
- 6 What is the difference between an Information Model and an Ontology?
- 5 Dimensional Modelling - ambiguous relations
- 5 Storing Multi-select and Single-select data together
- View more network posts →