Questions (and answers): (Help us to help you!)
GOOD questions tend to get good answers (and vice versa).
BEFORE asking a question, have you:
- taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- checked that your question is on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question please look here:
a good witty overview.
the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example. See also the Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example site.
for performance queries.
Below here is a Work in Progress!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 7 years, 3 months
22 profile views
Last seen Apr 29 at 18:11
- Database Administrators 23.5k 23.5k 55 gold badges5353 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 536 536 55 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- French Language 483 483 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 457 457 11 gold badge44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 152 152 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 109 Difference between On Delete Cascade & On Update Cascade in mysql
- 73 How to check foreign keys related to a table
- 62 Export Postgres table as json
- 47 If NoSQL stands for "Not only SQL", is SQL a subset of NoSQL?
- 46 Are composite primary keys bad practice?
- 32 Why should a key be made explicit?
- 22 How to add a column with a foreign key constraint to a table that already exists?
- View more network posts →