Questions (and answers): (Help us to help you!)
GOOD questions tend to get good answers (and vice versa).
BEFORE asking a question, have you:
- taken the tour (< 1 minute)?
- grasped the dba.se Zeitgeist (what's it's all about ~ 15 mins)?
- checked that your question is on-topic (< 1 minute)?
To ask a good question please look here:
a good witty overview.
the MVCE - Minimum, Complete and Verifiable Example. See also the Short, Self Contained, Correct (Compilable), Example site.
for performance queries.
Below here is a Work in Progress!
Query Performance questions:
PostgreSQL oriented, but definitely worth a look.
There are surprisingly few good links on how to answer technical questions - I'll leave the final word on answering to the man who has > 1M points on StackOverflow.
Contae Átha Cliath, Éire.
Member for 7 years
21 profile views
Last seen Feb 7 at 22:28
- Database Administrators 22.4k 22.4k 55 gold badges4949 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 526 526 55 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- French Language 483 483 11 gold badge44 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 457 457 11 gold badge44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 154 154 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 105 Difference between On Delete Cascade & On Update Cascade in mysql
- 72 How to check foreign keys related to a table
- 61 Export Postgres table as json
- 32 Why should a key be made explicit?
- 21 How to add a column with a foreign key constraint to a table that already exists?
- 14 Is a single-table relational database similar to a simple NoSQL database?
- 13 ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version
- View more network posts →