My name is Ryan McCauley, and I'm a database/reporting manager for a mid-size cable company. I spent a number of years as a .NET developer (mostly of the VB.NET variety), but now largely focus on T-SQL and the reporting with the Microsoft BI stack.
On my own time, I build small apps to help get things done a little better, and have a couple posted at Codeplex:
- SQL Space Map - if you have some large SQL Server databases and you'd like a visual picture of which tables and indexes are taking up that space, it's the tool for you.
- SQL Server Contention Monitor - watches as may SQL Servers as you want and alerts you to blocked SPIDs, showing you the block tree (which process is blocking which, an what others are affected). It's still in a pretty alpha-ish phase, but it despite some instability at times, it gets the job done.
Check them out and let me know what feedback you have!
- Stack Overflow 29.2k 29.2k 3232 gold badges107107 silver badges185185 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Super User 1k 1k 55 gold badges1717 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Server Fault 846 846 55 gold badges1313 silver badges2222 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 631 631 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 412 Connect different Windows User in SQL Server Management Studio (2005 or later)
- 329 Changing website favicon dynamically
- 219 How to add a separator to a WinForms ContextMenu?
- 146 Limitations of SQL Server Express
- 61 Downsides to "WITH SCHEMABINDING" in SQL Server?
- 60 How can I tell if a database table is being accessed anymore? Want something like a "SELECT trigger"
- 50 Forbidding or controlling "Hidden IT..." Who should write and maintain ad-hoc software applications?
- View more network posts →