I've been a developer for over 30 years in one form or another. I learnt Pascal at University and my first job was programming in Fortran 66. I've since moved to C# & .NET via Ada, C and C++.
Over the years I've used most operating systems (apart from MacOS), starting with PR1MOS and then moving onto various flavours of Unix. I'm now exclusively on Windows, but thinking of getting into iPhone/iPod touch/iPad development (if only I could afford a MacBook Pro!).
Member for 8 years, 11 months
9 profile views
Last seen Oct 25 at 14:27
- Stack Overflow♦ 120.1k 120.1k 2525 gold badges230230 silver badges303303 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange♦ 95k 95k 3232 gold badges240240 silver badges453453 bronze badges
- Super User 39.6k 39.6k 1515 gold badges9090 silver badges142142 bronze badges
- Software Engineering♦ 38k 38k 1010 gold badges119119 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Home Improvement♦ 16.5k 16.5k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 1104 Encouraging people to explain downvotes
- 532 Joining two lists together
- 265 Foreach loop, determine which is the last iteration of the loop
- 255 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- 236 How do I make XAML DataGridColumns fill the entire DataGrid?
- 188 Is it OK to leave "What have you tried?" comments?
- 182 Add a strike-through to the editing interface
- View more network posts →