I'm a full-time database administrator, and have had the privilege of working with a broad number of database technologies during my career. I currently spend most of my time working with MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
I'm a big believer in "horses for courses" where database technology is concerned - I'm far more interested in getting the job done than to wax philosophical about why one particular technology is best, though I do occasionally sit on my porch and yell at those NoSQL youngsters to get off my lawn.
I hold professional-level certifications in DB2, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL, along with some basic certifications from Red Hat and TIBCO.
Member for 8 years
1 profile view
Last seen Mar 8 '18 at 8:00
Top network posts
- 21 SSD vs HDD for databases
- 18 Logging queries and other T-SQL
- 16 Install MariaDB 10 on Ubuntu without prompt and no root password
- 15 Should binary files be stored in the database?
- 13 What's the meaning of the Collation Code (blank, 90, 100, 110) in SQL Server 2012
- 13 When performing a cross-database transaction, in which transaction log(s) is the information stored?
- 11 Alternative to EAV for dynamic fields in a star schema data warehouse
- View more network posts →