Derek Downey is a DevOps consultant with Pythian and is excited about helping teams work together efficiently and effectively. He is especially interested in automation and tooling to simplify operations of infrastructure on-premise and within cloud/virtualized environments.
Prior to moving into DevOps, Derek was a Principal Consultant for the OpenSource technology group at Pythian, interacting daily with some of the brightest minds in the Relational Database and NoSQL world, as well as researching new technologies and methods for maintaining MySQL environments for the myriad of use-cases required by Pythian's clientele.
Member for 8 years, 6 months
36 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 '16 at 23:40
- Database Administrators 19.2k 19.2k 1111 gold badges6767 silver badges9898 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.7k 2.7k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Christianity 1.8k 1.8k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Area 51 251 251 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 104 How to safely change MySQL innodb variable 'innodb_log_file_size'?
- 66 Removing Docker data volumes?
- 63 How can I move a database from one server to another?
- 61 Is it possible to have passwords configured per database or per host in .my.cnf
- 55 In tail -f, how do I filter out stuff that has certain keywords?
- 55 php cli memory limit
- 48 What is "<Cycle 1>" an indication of in Xdebug?
- View more network posts →