Derek Downey is a DevOps consultant with Pythian and is excited about helping teams work together efficiently and effectively. He is especially interested in automation and tooling to simplify operations of infrastructure on-premise and within cloud/virtualized environments.
Prior to moving into DevOps, Derek was a Principal Consultant for the OpenSource technology group at Pythian, interacting daily with some of the brightest minds in the Relational Database and NoSQL world, as well as researching new technologies and methods for maintaining MySQL environments for the myriad of use-cases required by Pythian's clientele.
Member for 8 years, 11 months
37 profile views
Last seen Jan 20 '16 at 23:40
- Database Administrators 21.2k 21.2k 1111 gold badges6767 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- Server Fault 3.1k 3.1k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Christianity 2.8k 2.8k 22 gold badges2222 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.4k 1.4k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 313 313 11 gold badge22 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 106 How to safely change MySQL innodb variable 'innodb_log_file_size'?
- 66 Removing Docker data volumes?
- 66 How can I move a database from one server to another?
- 64 Is it possible to have passwords configured per database or per host in .my.cnf
- 63 php cli memory limit
- 58 In tail -f, how do I filter out stuff that has certain keywords?
- 49 MySQL Set UTC time as default timestamp
- View more network posts →