I work for a UK woodland conservation charity that seeks to create new native woodland, protect existing woodland, and restore damaged ancient woodland.
I have helped introduce QGIS into a team working on a UK wide project, and have set up a PostGIS database in the cloud to manage our shared project data.
I am interested in open source GIS software and the sharing of knowledge and collaboration so that, collectively, we can seek to protect human populations and the species that we share our planet with.
(And / or I just like GIS and computers...sometimes a lot...and trees and woodlands)
- Geographic Information Systems 3k 3k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 943 943 77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Biology 916 916 55 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Open Data 169 169 11 gold badge11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 133 133 11 gold badge11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 23 Setting up PostGIS database and opening it in QGIS on Windows?
- 19 Can I safely camp in deer tick country, and if so, how?
- 17 Dry Douglas Fir wood only creates smoke and no fire?
- 16 Understanding reprojection?
- 15 Examples of cartographic 'jokes'
- 12 Have these ski bindings been mounted properly?
- 11 Reading/writing local datastore for QGIS?
- View more network posts →