Mike Sherrill 'Cat Recall'
Systems administrator and automation programmer. Database designer and software development consultant. My clients included everything from Fortune 100 companies to non-profits and mom-and-pop companies. I've worked with SQL databases since 1985. I'm a database generalist; I'm comfortable with every modern SQL dbms. My home server runs a half-dozen different database management systems. I test most of my answers under more than one of them.
I've developed relational models for implementation in non-SQL environments, like Lotus Notes and plain C++ code.
I also develop software in PowerShell, C, VBA, Python, Ruby, and php. I build web applications using various frameworks and languages, including Ruby on Rails, Laravel, and Phalcon.
Member for 8 years, 9 months
5 profile views
Last seen Nov 13 at 11:15
- Stack Overflow 73.9k 73.9k 1414 gold badges9696 silver badges149149 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 8.9k 8.9k 3030 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Server Fault 394 394 11 silver badge1717 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 375 375 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 337 Where does PostgreSQL store the database?
- 283 DROP IF EXISTS VS DROP?
- 201 How to add "on delete cascade" constraints?
- 176 Postgres DB Size Command
- 120 PostgreSQL: How to make "case-insensitive" query
- 117 How to search a specific value in all tables (PostgreSQL)?
- 105 invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
- View more network posts →