Systems administrator and automation programmer. Database designer and software development consultant. My clients included everything from Fortune 100 companies to non-profits and mom-and-pop companies. I've worked with SQL databases since 1985. I'm a database generalist; I'm comfortable with every modern SQL dbms. My home server runs a half-dozen different database management systems. I test most of my answers under more than one of them.
I've developed relational models for implementation in non-SQL environments, like Lotus Notes and plain C++ code.
I also develop software in PowerShell, C, VBA, Python, Ruby, and php. I build web applications using various frameworks and languages, including Ruby on Rails, Laravel, and Phalcon.
- Stack Overflow 83.7k 83.7k 1616 gold badges113113 silver badges165165 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 9.8k 9.8k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 444 444 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Server Fault 437 437 22 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 391 Where does PostgreSQL store the database?
- 308 DROP IF EXISTS VS DROP?
- 268 How to add "on delete cascade" constraints?
- 241 Postgres DB Size Command
- 152 How to search a specific value in all tables (PostgreSQL)?
- 149 How to make "case-insensitive" query in Postgresql?
- 147 How do I get the current timezone name in Postgres 9.3?
- View more network posts →