Mike Sherrill 'Cat Recall'
Systems administrator and automation programmer. Database designer and software development consultant. My clients included everything from Fortune 100 companies to non-profits and mom-and-pop companies. I've worked with SQL databases since 1985. I'm a database generalist; I'm comfortable with every modern SQL dbms. My home server runs a half-dozen different database management systems. I test most of my answers under more than one of them.
I've developed relational models for implementation in non-SQL environments, like Lotus Notes and plain C++ code.
I also develop software in PowerShell, C, VBA, Python, Ruby, and php. I build web applications using various frameworks and languages, including Ruby on Rails, Laravel, and Phalcon.
Member for 10 years, 1 month
11 profile views
Last seen Mar 1 at 14:19
- Stack Overflow 81.5k 81.5k 1616 gold badges110110 silver badges161161 bronze badges
- Database Administrators 9.6k 9.6k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.7k 1.7k 1010 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Server Fault 425 425 22 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 414 414 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 379 Where does PostgreSQL store the database?
- 303 DROP IF EXISTS VS DROP?
- 249 How to add "on delete cascade" constraints?
- 220 Postgres DB Size Command
- 145 PostgreSQL: How to make "case-insensitive" query
- 144 How to search a specific value in all tables (PostgreSQL)?
- 137 How do I get the current timezone name in Postgres 9.3?
- View more network posts →