For those questions about a time-ordered, human-readable archive of activity there is logging.
A good number (perhaps most) of the questions should be retagged using the following (mostly MySQL-specific) tags:
(these tags also need usage guidance).
For example (just from the first page of questions tagged log):
- Rotation of bin.log file
- MySQL doesn't log queries anymore
- MySQL general log
- What does "as anonymous on" means in mysql's general log?
- Mysql 5.6 general log file output not showing unix timestamp
- Error Log Location?
- How to Log All mysql queries into log file?
- Export MySQL query log to JSON format
- Out of memory in MySQL error log
- Mariadb - Variable 'innodb_log_file_size' is a read only variable
- Data lost in MySQL InnoDB after crash
- MySQL shutting down automatically
- Show recent select queries on Firebird database file
- Can a query write to the binary log BEFORE it has finished executing?
- Trying to make sense of the InnoDB log file stats
- MySQL "Statement may not be safe to log in statement format" warning
- MySQL slow query log to identify queries that scan tables
- Logging remote transactions in mariadb
- Access Control not logging successful logins on MongoDB 3.4 Community
- How to log who has connected to a Postgresql (PostGIS) database?
- What is default MySQL binlog retention in AWS RDS?
- Mysql innodb_log_buffer_size change