SQLFiddle has been an essential tool and a great complement to dba.se for a very long time, but it has gone downhill a bit in the last year or two.
I have also wondered for some time what a 'fiddle' designed specifically with dba.se and markdown in mind might look like, and over the last few days I've put together a prototype of how I think it should be.
Please have a play with the site and let me know here if you have suggestions for improvements or design changes.
The current list of supported databases is:
- Db2 Developer-C 11.1 (with lots of thanks to @mustaccio)
- Firebird 3.0
- MariaDB 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4
- MySQL 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0
- Oracle 11.2 and 18
- Postgres 8.4, 9.4, 9.5, 9.6, 10, 11 and 12 (beta)
- SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2017 Linux and 2019 Linux CTP (but 2019 is currently offline for security reasons)
- SQLite 3.8, 3.16 and 3.27 (but 3.16 is currently offline for security reasons)
Here's an example (the image links to the fiddle):
I've edited some of my answers (e.g. this one) to use db<>fiddle.
As of Apr 2018 the site uses ssl by default — there are some benefits even for a site like db<>fiddle and it's free now so why not?
As of Apr 2019 you can now hide batches selectively.