On Q&A there's a tag master. This is used for both the leader in replication and the SQL Server instance metadata database. These two are significantly different. Should we have separate tags for each? What should the tags be?
For replication, the following new tags might be good replacements (with the appropriate usage guidance for each):
For the SQL Server system database usage, perhaps master-system-database.
I'm much less convinced that last tag would be useful though. How many people are looking to answer questions about the master system database specifically? Not many, I would venture.
There hasn't been too much feedback on this, so assuming general consent, I have:
- Removed master from all questions where it was present
- Created master-system-database (seven questions) and added a brief description
- Created master-slave-replication on one question (needs wiki)
- Created master-master-replication on one question (needs wiki)
- Not created multi-master-replication because we have the broader multi-master
The new replication tags will either be used or they won't. I'll leave that up to you all and future question askers.